Recipe by SciFiWriterDanceFitGuru
Another quick easy recipe and a family favorite! Just chop, drop, and mix! It's also easy to modify the intensity of the 'heat' by adding or subtracting a little of the jalapeno. An excellent beginning to a Tex-Mex meal, and I even use it on pain lettuce salads instead of dressing!
- 2 (28 ounce) cansdiced stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion (white or yellow)
- 3 -4 jalapenos, chopped into tiny bits
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white or apple cider)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Chop the onion and cilantro and add to tomatoes.
- Start with 2 jalapenos, cut in half and take out and discard the seeds (this is where a lot of the heat is located). Slice into thin strips and then chop the jalapenos very tiny. Be care NOT to touch your face or eyes and to wash your hands immediately upon finishing.
- Add the jalapenos to the mixture and combine.
- Add oil and vinegar and stir. The colors should be beautifully blended and green should pop deliciously out of the red!
- If desired add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste to see if you would like more jalapenos. Add these if desired.
- Chill about 1 hour and serve cold with tortilla or corn chips.
- Weight Watcher points = 0.