Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
After sauteing the tempeh you may use it in a variety of ways - cut into1 1/4" pieces, spear with a tooth pick and serve as an appetizer with any oriental dipping sauce - or stir fry veggies and add the tempeh instead of meat- you may even add the cut up tempeh to a favorite pasta sauce and serve it over pasta. I am not vegetarian but I enjoy tempeh dishes. The original tempeh 101 recipe was on the back of a "Turtle Bay" Tempeh label (excellent tempeh) Try something new you'll love it If you wish bake the tempeh in a 375 oven for apprx 20 minutes or until it is golden.
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place the cut tempeh strips into the marinade for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Drain whatever fluid is left& saute the tempeh in the sesame oil over medium heat until golden.
- Remove from heat, place on paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- You may now use the tempeh in a variety of ways (see description).