Recipe by dividend
I was intrigued by the idea of making jelly out of tea when someone posted a request for recipes. I tried this one, and I like it alot. Obviously, it all depends on the quality of your tea. So far I've only tried this with a very high quality organic chai, and it is SO good! If you find a type of tea that works really well for this, post a review and let us know! [http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/teajelly.html]
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 12 tea bags
- 1⁄4 cup juice (flavor should compliment the tea flavor)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- (If not including juice and using a tea infusion as your only liquid, increase the amount of water to 2 cups.).
- Bring water to boil, add tea bags and steep for 30 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Add sugar (and optional juice) to brewed tea and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minute stirring.
- Remove from heat and add pectin, return to boil and allow to do so for 1 minute.
- Skim off any foam.
- Pour hot jelly into jars and process for 20 minutes.