1/1 Photo of Basic Tart Crust - Tortenboden
A response to a recipe request on the boards, here's a basic tortenboden. Based on recipe from "German Cookery" by Elizabeth Schuler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, and beat to a froth.
- 2Mix the hot milk with the remaining sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and butter.
- 3Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 4Combine all mixtures.
- 5Beat the egg whites until fluffy, then fold them into the mixture.
- 6Grease a pan and dust with flour, pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool; when cool, slice twice horizontally, spread layers with cream filling of your choice, and set back together.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Tart Crust - Tortenboden
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1947.8
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 697.2 mg
- Sodium 2898.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 201.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g