1/1 Photo of Basic Tart Crust - Tortenboden
A response to a recipe request on the boards, here's a basic tortenboden. Based on recipe from "German Cookery" by Elizabeth Schuler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, and beat to a froth.
- 2Mix the hot milk with the remaining sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and butter.
- 3Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 4Combine all mixtures.
- 5Beat the egg whites until fluffy, then fold them into the mixture.
- 6Grease a pan and dust with flour, pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool; when cool, slice twice horizontally, spread layers with cream filling of your choice, and set back together.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Tart Crust - Tortenboden
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1947.8
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 697.2 mg
- Sodium 2898.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 201.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g