1/2 Photos of Basic Tahini Sauce
I learned this while living in Jordan. The family I stayed with introduced me to fried cauliflower, and this was the sauce they used over the top.
My Private Note
cups ab ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the garlic in a mortar and pestle (or other if you have something you prefer that will crush it effectively into a pulp).
- 2Add little bit of each the tahini, lemon juice and water alternating as you go, and stir to blend well, until it's all mixed inches.
- 3It should resemble a slightly thick sauce that can be poured but not over thin to be runny.
- 4Season with salt to taste.
- 5Use with any vegetable you like.
- 6It's traditionally used over fried cauliflower, or zucchini.
- 7Some like dipping flat bread in it, and others I've seen use it as a base for another recipe, such as hummus.
- 8If desired, you can add more lemon if you like it tart, or more garlic if you really like garlic as I do.
- 9Most families have their own mix, so it's up to you.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Tahini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.0
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g