Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a tasty alternative to the pre-made spice mixes with who-knows-what in them. You can adjust the sodium or heat this way, or like me, add extra cumin or whatever you like. It's equally good on vegetables as it is with meat.
Top Review by elevatorguy925
Very good! I substituted reduced sodium salt to further reduce sodium and used smoked paprika, also increase the cumin.
I plan on keeping this on hand for fast meal prep, much better than the packets of salt laden spices.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin (I prefer more ...)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or pinch of cayenne, to taste)