Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty alternative to the pre-made spice mixes with who-knows-what in them. You can adjust the sodium or heat this way, or like me, add extra cumin or whatever you like. It's equally good on vegetables as it is with meat.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin (I prefer more ...)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or pinch of cayenne, to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Very good! I substituted reduced sodium salt to further reduce sodium and used smoked paprika, also increase the cumin.
I plan on keeping this on hand for fast meal prep, much better than the packets of salt laden spices.
I misplaced my usual recipe for fajitas so searched for a recipe that used similar spices. Your recipe was very close to it so I was really happy. I added 2 tbsp lime juice to the spices to marinate the meat in (as that is how my old recipe was) and they turned out fabulous. So thank you for posting this!
At the last minute we decided to have fajitas and this mix worked very well for seasoning. We will be making this again, perhaps in larger quantities to have on hand.