Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Easy, simple muffins that you can add your own flavor to.
Top Review by Chef Treenie
I am slowly becoming a fan for your recipes! I love a good basic muffin, plain and simple, lightly sweetened (& as one reviewer discovered, great w/ no sugar added). Truly a rare find! This one's a keeper! Thanks a dozen!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, milk, and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately.