Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basic Sauce,Good For Marinade Injectors
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons vinegar (any kind)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix all ingredients except cornstarch in medium sauce pan over medium heat untill sugar has dissolved.
- Add cornstarch and stir untill thick and bubbly,stir 1 miniute more.
This is almost a duplicate of a recipe I have already, your recipe turns out thicker and sweeter- (more cornflour/cornstarch and sugar) Personally I would lessen the sugar just a little bit, but that's just personal taste and because I'm cutting waaay down on sugar at the moment. The sodium level is pretty high too, but since I'm not cooking sweet and sour every day or every week I'm not panicking about that. I made a chicken and pineapple dish using this and would happily make it again. Please see my rating system, a lovely 4 stars...Thanks !