Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified this from Baked Custard because I needed a custard that was sugar free for my diabetic husband and lactose free for me. My husband loved it and asked for two pieces. I had some when it was warm and some cold in the morning for breakfast - it was good both ways.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a casserole dish with non - stick spray.
- Whisk all ingredients, except nutmeg, together for one minute.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Place filled dish into a shallow baking dish and pour hot water into baking dish to come halfway up the side of filled dish.
- Place on oven shelf and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 325 and bake for 40 minutes or until custard is set and a sharp knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove dish from water.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.