Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very tasty and is great for stuffing a turkey, or baked.
Make and share this Basic Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 12 cups bread cubes (1/2-inch size)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- In a preheated 400ºF oven, toast bread cubes 5 to 7 minutes or until barely golden.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion and celery over medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Transfer to a bowl and add bread cubes, herbs, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Toss well and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake at 325ºF for 20 minutes until heated through and crust forms on top.