Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
! I love stuffed mushrooms. Always yummy and ready in no time! This is the basic stuffed mushrooms recipe. It is very versatile so you can try any filling you want. Don't be afraid! Mix ingredients and invent new stuffings. By the way, I can't wait to try this stuffed with spinach and served with a wine flavored white sauce. Yum!
- 12 big portabella mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 12 garlic cloves, mashed
- ground pepper, to taste (I used Sichuan pepper, I love the flavor!)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil (for vegetarians, you can use some butter, it gives a lovely flavor)
- Heat the oil/butter in a saucepan.
- Add chopped mushrooms stems, mashed garlic cloves, chopped onion, pepper, salt, coriander and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped dill and parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- Add about 1-1 1/2 tbsp of stuffing / mushroom.
- Garnish with red bell pepper slices.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve steamy! Yum!