1/1 Photo of Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
! I love stuffed mushrooms. Always yummy and ready in no time! This is the basic stuffed mushrooms recipe. It is very versatile so you can try any filling you want. Don't be afraid! Mix ingredients and invent new stuffings. By the way, I can't wait to try this stuffed with spinach and served with a wine flavored white sauce. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 big portabella mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 12 garlic cloves, mashed
- ground pepper, to taste (I used Sichuan pepper, I love the flavor!)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil (for vegetarians, you can use some butter, it gives a lovely flavor)
- 1Heat the oil/butter in a saucepan.
- 2Add chopped mushrooms stems, mashed garlic cloves, chopped onion, pepper, salt, coriander and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add chopped dill and parsley.
- 4Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- 5Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- 6Add about 1-1 1/2 tbsp of stuffing / mushroom.
- 7Garnish with red bell pepper slices.
- 8Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- 9Cook for about 30 minutes.
- 10Serve steamy! Yum!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g