Recipe by M&A's
This is my basic stir-fry sauce. I use it with any number of combinations of meat and/or vegetables. I don't claim that it's "authentic" but my family enjoys it. It is made up of ingredients that are easy to find in any supermarket.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, teriyaki, ginger, pepper, and pepper flakes. Simmer gently for about a minute.
- Dissolve cornstarch into water completely and add to pan. Stir constantly until sauce bubbles and thickens slightly, less than 1 minute.
- Finish sauce with lime juice. Toss with stir-fried meat and/or vegetables and serve.