Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from About.com. I am looking for more recipes to use with my new bamboo steamer. I have a 2 layer steamer, so I was able to put the fish on the bottom rack and vegetables on the top and dinner was done in 10 minutes! I used tilapia fillets.
- Prepare the wok for steaming.
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rice wine (mirin) or sherry, sugar, salt and sesame oil.
- Place the fish fillets on a deep, heat-proof plate that will fit inside the steamer basket.
- Pour the rice wine mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
- Cover and steam the fish over high heat until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (10-15 minutes).
- Serve hot, garnished with the chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
Nice recipe to break in my new bamboo steamer. I didn't use the sugar at all (trying to cut back). I kinda expected to have soy sauce, but I just added it later as a condiment. I also steamed some broccoli in the second level, it was very mushy. Don't leave your veggies in for the whole 15-20 mintues, unless you like 'em squishy. (yuck) I just used a old small plate to hold the fish & parchment for the broccoli. This was exactly what I hoped it would be, basic and simple.