1/1 Photo of Basic Steamed Fish
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I got this from About.com. I am looking for more recipes to use with my new bamboo steamer. I have a 2 layer steamer, so I was able to put the fish on the bottom rack and vegetables on the top and dinner was done in 10 minutes! I used tilapia fillets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the wok for steaming.
- 2Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the rice wine (mirin) or sherry, sugar, salt and sesame oil.
- 4Place the fish fillets on a deep, heat-proof plate that will fit inside the steamer basket.
- 5Pour the rice wine mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
- 6Cover and steam the fish over high heat until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (10-15 minutes).
- 7Serve hot, garnished with the chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Steamed Fish
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 281.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.3 g