Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple but really tasty steak sandwich. Feel free to use which ever type of steak or bread you like. Also you may cook the steak any way you like. I like to grill mine for 12 minutes on low to get a nice medium rare steak.
- 1 sirloin steak (cooked medium rare, but you can cook it as you like)
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 yellow onion (small)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- vegetable oil (you may use your preferred cooking oil if you don't like vegetable oil)
- bread (I like using 6-inch toasted sub)
- Once your stake is grilled, slice it into thin strips.
- Place bbq sauce a little salt and a little pepper in a bowl.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix the ingredients together until the steak is coated well. You may add more sauce if you need to.
- Peel the onion; slice thinly.
- Slice mushrooms into medium sized slices.
- Turn stove to high.
- Place a large skillet on the stove.
- Add mushrooms and onions and a few table spoons of cooking oil.
- Stir while cooking; the mushrooms and onions should become soft and slightly brown.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the open sub.
- Place the strips of steak on top.
- I like to drizzle a little ketchup on top, but thats up to you.
Yummmmy! It was simple but had enough flavor for us. Had to add a little lemon juice because my husband cant eat his steak without it, but other than that this was great. Made for Ramadan Tag.
EXCELLENT!!! I used a porkchop that I had already grilled with salt and pepper. So I didn't add any seasonings in the sauce. I also put a yellow bell pepper with the mushrooms and the result was a colourful mix. I used a whole wheat bread and wow a perfect dinner was ready!!! Thanks Einas, its a keeper!