Maya's Mama's Note:
A simple but really tasty steak sandwich. Feel free to use which ever type of steak or bread you like. Also you may cook the steak any way you like. I like to grill mine for 12 minutes on low to get a nice medium rare steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Once your stake is grilled, slice it into thin strips.
- 2Place bbq sauce a little salt and a little pepper in a bowl.
- 3Add the steak to the bowl and mix the ingredients together until the steak is coated well. You may add more sauce if you need to.
- 4Peel the onion; slice thinly.
- 5Slice mushrooms into medium sized slices.
- 6Turn stove to high.
- 7Place a large skillet on the stove.
- 8Add mushrooms and onions and a few table spoons of cooking oil.
- 9Stir while cooking; the mushrooms and onions should become soft and slightly brown.
- 10Add the mushrooms and onions to the open sub.
- 11Place the strips of steak on top.
- 12I like to drizzle a little ketchup on top, but thats up to you.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (961 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.1
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 47.3 g