1/2 Photos of Basic Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
This is a great classic spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. I like it because the dressing is made with staples I always have in my kitchen so all I need to do is pick up some fresh spinach. You can add what you like to the salad: eggs, nuts, fruit, etc. This is from "Gourmet Magazine". If you've never attempted a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing this is an easy and impressive recipe that tastes yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan leaving only two tablespoons.
- 3Cook the shallot in the bacon fat for one minute.
- 4Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil, salt, pepper, and bring to a boil.
- 5Pour over spinach and toss to combine.
- 6Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve immeadiately.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 881.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g