This is a great classic spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. I like it because the dressing is made with staples I always have in my kitchen so all I need to do is pick up some fresh spinach. You can add what you like to the salad: eggs, nuts, fruit, etc. This is from "Gourmet Magazine". If you've never attempted a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing this is an easy and impressive recipe that tastes yummy!
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan leaving only two tablespoons.
- Cook the shallot in the bacon fat for one minute.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil, salt, pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Pour over spinach and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve immeadiately.