Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a result of the ingredients i had on hand, very meaty. Feel free to adjust to your taste, more garlic, etc.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in saucepan.
- When butter is melted, add onions and garlic; cook until onions are soft.
- Add beef and brown, drain if desired.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Absolutely wonderful basic meatsauce. I let it simmer for 2 hours because company was late and it turned out soooo yummy. Wasn't sure how much tomato sauce/paste/diced ratio to add, and this recipe hit it right on spot. Thanks!!
This is a delicious basic sauce - did add some red pepper flakes and some Tabasco as it was missing some spices. Made a double batch and froze some for later use. Thanks! :)