Recipe by Courtly
This is from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn. Just a nice, basic white cake made from a cake mix with add-in ingredients. Frost however you want!
Top Review by newspapergal
I made these into cupcakes for a baby shower. This turned out moist & flavorful. The batter is thick, as I assumed it would be, but beating it the full amount of time makes it quite smooth. The cupcakes baked up in 20 minutes exactly. Thanks :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Place cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop machine, scrape down sides of bowl.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- Scrape down sides again if needed. The batter should look well combined and thickened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place pan in oven.
- Bake the cake until it is light brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a dinner knife around edge of cake and invert it onto wire rack.
- Allow cake to cool completely, 30 minutes.
- Frost as desired.