Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe comes from the Slim Down With soup Cookbooklet. You can add anything you want...this is just a BASE SOUP. But even still it is very yummy, plain.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 -6 cups frozen non-starchy vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except the fresh or frozen vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and simmer until tender.
- Makes 10 cups, with an average of 60 calories and 4 grams of fat per cup.
- Use any combination of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, leeks, mushrooms, green or wax beans, chopped spinach, zucchini, yellow summer squash, celery, garlic, asparagus, cabbage, brussels sprouts, peppers (red, green or yellow), chopped kale or collard greens.