Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From this week's Thursday magazine's "SlimLines" column on the weekly task of how to lose weight and get fit!
Top Review by JSkizzle
These were delicious! I used hot salsa for an extra kick. I really liked the lime taste. I followed the recipe exactly as posted. I wouldn't change a thing. I had some sour cream on the side for dipping. I served them with Spanish rice.
- 600 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 medium flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 limes
- salsa, as required
- guacamole, as required
- diced tomato, as required
- shredded lettuce, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the olive oil all over the chicken strips.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Lightly coat with oil.
- Cook the chicken about 2-4 minutes per side, until cooked through and place on a cooking board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the limes in half, pierce the juice side with a fork and twist to release the juices over the cooked chicken.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices across the grain and then cut each slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm the flour tortillas by first dipping them in water and then placing them in a dry pan over low heat.
- Use tongs to lift out.
- Wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- Assemble the tacos at the table with salsa, guacamole, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.