Recipe by 4Susan
You can use this basic recipe to create your own unique smoothies. This is my husband's recipe - he makes them every weekend morning for the kids & us.
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together in a blender and serve immediately.
- The optional wheat germ will not affect the taste or texture but it will give your smoothie an extra health boost.
- Add the ice cubes if you'd like a thicker or colder drink; more like a slushy, especially with frozen banana/fruit/yogurt.
- Use up to 1 cup of yogurt for a thicker drink.
- Other options: 1/2 t vanilla; 1 T honey; 1-2 T powdered sugar, white sugar or Splenda.