Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
how can you go wrong with this choice? bake slowly so they do NOT brown
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- beat butter at medium speed with mixer till creamy.gradually add sugar, beating well -- stir in vanilla --
- combine flour, salt, gradually add to butter mixture -- beating at low speed till blended.
- roll dough to 1/2" thickness on lightly floured surface --
- cut with round cutters.
- place 2" apart on ungreased sheet --
- bake at 275* for 50 minutes.
- cool 2 minutes on sheet.remove to rack to cool completely.