1/1 Photo of Basic Sauteed Chicken
This is a very basic sauteed chicken recipe that can be varied in many ways. You can add one tablespoon of fresh herb (such as rosemary, basil, tarragon) to the cooking chicken to change the flavor entirely. Also, you can substitute chicken broth or red wine for the white wine in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter (or combination butter and olive oil) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, skin side down. Cook about 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is golden brown.
- 3Turn chicken pieces and cook another 10 to 15 minutes. Continue cooking and turning over occasionally and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes, for a total of 30 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 4Pour off any fat in the skillet, then add shallots or onion (any type you prefer), cook briefly. Add wine, scraping skillet bottom to remove loose chunks, until wine is reduce by about half.
- 5Add chicken broth and simmer, stirring, about a minute, or until you have about 1/2 cup sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Swirl in one tablespoon of butter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Sauteed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.4
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 32.1 g