Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on a website but cannot remember where. This is the only way we make salmon now--it always turns out perfect. I've put it in the lactose-free category because the pat of butter can easily be skipped over.
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 salmon fillets (I use frozen and defrost beforehand)
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- salt and pepper
- Lay out a square of foil for each fillet.
- Place 2-3 slices of lemon in a line in the center of each piece of foil.
- Rinse fillets and place on top of lemon slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I prefer to use garlic salt with parsley).
- Add a small pat of butter or two on each fillet.
- Fold up sides of foil to create closed packet, leave some airspace inside for steam.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
I love this. It's easy to assemble the packets, is really delicious, and easy to clean up. I like to serve it with broccoli and maybe some heated french bread with butter.