1/7 Photos of Basic Salad Mix (Salad Spinner)
Angela Dawn's Note:
I'm tired of spending so much money on bagged salads. I like the convenience and all, but it doesn't take THAT long to put salad together ahead of time. I like this mix because it's basic, and I can add other vegetables later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove any brown or heavily wilted outer leaves from all three kinds of head of lettuce.
- 2Fill a clean sink almost to the top with cold water. Add your red leaf and romaine lettuce.
- 3With your radicchio lettuce you'll want to simply peel the leaves off one by one and add to the cold sink.
- 4Let sit for 5 minutes. Then gently shake the lettuce under the water to move the water through the leaves and losen debris.
- 5Let sit for another 5-10 minutes so all of the dirt/sand/stuff settles to the bottom of the sink.
- 6Remove lettuce(s) and rinse once more with fresh cold water from the tap before laying on paper towel.
- 7Now simply break off pieces into decent bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- 8Doing one batch at a time (I don't know how big your salad spinner is) use your salad spinner (I like to use a med size model with the hand pump at the top)to remove excess water.
- 9Once dried in spinner, toss in carrots and store in large gallon size plastic bags. Store in the bottom crisper drawer in your fridge.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Salad Mix (Salad Spinner)
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: