1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Dish with Tish's Note:
I use this recipe when I plan on using the meat for soups, tacos, salads, etc. Great to use the carcass to make stock afterwards.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Allow chicken to come to room temperature.
- 3Rinse chicken inside and out, removing giblets (set aside for stock later).
- 4Pat dry with paper towels, tie wing tips together with twine.
- 5Layer onions in the bottom of shallow roasting pan.
- 6Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper inside and out.
- 7Stuff lemon and garlic inside the cavity.
- 8Massage canola oil or butter on top of chicken.
- 9Roast in middle rack of oven 75-90 mins, until golden brown and internal temp is 180 or above.
- 10Let rest for 30 mins before cutting into.
- 11Shred meat with 2 forks and set aside.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.2
- Calories from Fat 626
- Total Fat 69.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 340.5 mg
- Sodium 2063.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 85.0 g