Recipe by breezermom
This recipe comes from Judy Johnson and is from the cookbook "Extraordinary Cuisine for Sea & Shore". I choose chicken or beef broth depending on what I am serving this with. Occasionally I'll add in some asparagus tips or grated carrot to give it some color....feel free to add what you'd like.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made for a great side dish for dinner tonight. Made this with the following options.. used beef broth, that's what I had on hand, left out the onion powder, and left out the salt. Well seasoned as for the 4 of us, it was just enough. A great go to weeknight dinner Made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup chablis
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 4 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- additional parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in melted butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add rice, Chablis, parsley flakes, basil, paprika and onion powder. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the mixture is creamy and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.