Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is on the back of the bag of Lundberg's white arborio, although I have made a few modifications for our taste, such as leaving out the onion. I recommend chicken broth instead of water because it adds a lot more flavor.
- 1 cup arborio white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 -5 cups hot chicken broth (or water)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add rice and stir to coat the rice with oil.
- Add the wine and stir constantly until absorbed.
- Add 1 cup (approx.) broth and stir until absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until all broth has been added.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
- Fresh herbs or vegetables can be added during the last 5 minutes of cooking if desired.
A lovely basic risotto recipe with great scope for variations. I added minced garlic in step 1. I needed to use about 3 cups of broth for the rice to be fully cooked. Next time I'll add chopped mushrooms! Thanks PAC baby for another lovely recipe!