Recipe by Meg Sweetland Baker
Plain ol' risotto. You can jazz it up any way you like.
Top Review by dicentra
Very good, well written recipe. This is in Rachael Ray's 2nd 30 Minute Meals book. The only thing I did different was to increase the amount of broth. I think I used closer to 6 cups. And a little chopped parsley for garnish.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced (to taste)
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 591.47 ml chicken broth or 591.47 ml vegetable broth
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese or 78.07 ml asiago cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to boil in saucepan.
- Melt butter in a different saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to butter, saute until tender.
- Add rice. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine. Stir until absorbed.
- Add hot broth 1/4 cup at a time. Stir occasionally until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth in small amounts until all broth is absorbed. This should take 20-25 minutes.
- Try some of the rice. It should be tender but firm.
- When the rice is done, add cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- Serve immediately.