1/1 Photo of Basic Risotto
Meg Sweetland's Note:
Plain ol' risotto. You can jazz it up any way you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth to boil in saucepan.
- 2Melt butter in a different saucepan.
- 3Add onion and garlic to butter, saute until tender.
- 4Add rice. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add white wine. Stir until absorbed.
- 6Add hot broth 1/4 cup at a time. Stir occasionally until broth is absorbed.
- 7Continue adding broth in small amounts until all broth is absorbed. This should take 20-25 minutes.
- 8Try some of the rice. It should be tender but firm.
- 9When the rice is done, add cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 647.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g