- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (to taste)
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to boil in saucepan.
- Melt butter in a different saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to butter, saute until tender.
- Add rice. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine. Stir until absorbed.
- Add hot broth 1/4 cup at a time. Stir occasionally until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth in small amounts until all broth is absorbed. This should take 20-25 minutes.
- Try some of the rice. It should be tender but firm.
- When the rice is done, add cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- Serve immediately.