Plain ol' risotto. You can jazz it up any way you like.
Make and share this Basic Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Bring broth to boil in saucepan.
- Melt butter in a different saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to butter, saute until tender.
- Add rice. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine. Stir until absorbed.
- Add hot broth 1/4 cup at a time. Stir occasionally until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth in small amounts until all broth is absorbed. This should take 20-25 minutes.
- Try some of the rice. It should be tender but firm.
- When the rice is done, add cheese. Stir until melted and combined.
- Serve immediately.
Very good, well written recipe. This is in Rachael Ray's 2nd 30 Minute Meals book. The only thing I did different was to increase the amount of broth. I think I used closer to 6 cups. And a little chopped parsley for garnish.