1/2 Photos of Basic Risotto
Deb's Recipes's Note:
This risotto turned out wonderfully even the very first time I prepared it, with rice grains cooked al denté yet surrounded by delicious creaminess. A great comfort food from The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook (2000)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place broth on back burner within easy reach; bring to and keep broth at a low simmer.
- 2Over medium-high heat, sauté onion in olive oil in large Dutch-oven for 3 minutes; add rice and continue sautéing for another minute.
- 3Add hot broth to rice a half-cup at a time; stirring and allowing rice to absorb broth before each next addition of broth ~ There will be 20 or so total half-cup additions.
- 4Continue adding broth a half-cup at a time, and stirring, until the rice is creamy with its grains cooked "firm to the tooth" (not mushy or soupy) and broth is absorbed.
- 5Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese; serve.
- 6NOTE: You do not have to use all 6 cups broth ~ Last time I made this risotto it required only 5 1/8 cups broth.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g