Prep 1 min
Cook 24 mins
This is your basic Rice Pilaf recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan and cook onion over medium heat until golden. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and stir in parsley.
This was excellent and super easy. Although it bugs me when people change the recipe and review it, my changes were very minor. I followed the directions exactly, except with 1c rice and 1/2 c orzo. Then, I didn't have fresh parsley, so I added dry in before simmering. This was even better for leftovers the next day.
Perfect pilaf. Thanks!
I made in my rice cooker. Sauteing the onions in butter then adding brown rice and home made chicken broth. This method is easy and saves room for stove top cooking. Thank you for this simple and basic pilaf. Thanks!