Recipe by Dancer^
For traditional refried beans, mash well drained beans in hot oil or bacon drippings instead of processing them. This keeps well in the fridge, or freezes wonderfully. Makes a great dip just as is or add a tsp. of hot sauce.
- 2 cups dried pinto beans or 2 cups dried kidney beans or 2 cups dried black beans
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans for at least 8 hours.
- Add beans, onion, garlic and oil to crockpot and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Drain beans, reserving 1 to 2 cups of liquid.
- Process until desired consistency in food processor, adding liquid as necessary.
- Salt to taste.