Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
There are a ton of good vegan mayonnaise recipes out there. But I keep coming back to this recipe I adapted from a vegan camp I went to about ten years ago. It is mild, creamy, and delicious. As usual, I have listed quantities as a guide only. I tend to add in the lemon juice, vinegar and salt at the end, and keep tasting in between each addition. Every batch yields a mayo of a slightly different personality, depending on my mood, and what I am going to use it for. But the quantities I have provided will keep you on the right track. Follow them, and you will get a mayo that you can play with.
- Put the cashews and cauliflower in a food processor, and add the water until combined well.
- Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth.
- Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend.
- **Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.
Delicious! I'd been using the "Nasoya" brand commercial faux mayo, and never really took to it. This will replace it in my fridge!