Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
An easy basic recipe, make it your own by... Frying the onions with 2 tbsp harissa and adding 400g can chickpeas for a moroccan twist. Add 1 tbsp capers, a handful of pitted olives and a few chopped anchovies for a maditerranean flavour. Spoon into a gratin dish sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan and grill until golden Add a chilli for some extra zing
- 2 large aubergines
- 4 small courgettes
- 2 red peppers
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch basil, torn
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice aubergines, Peel and dice peppers and slice courgette.
- Skin, deseed and chop the tomatoes.
- Fry the aubergines in 2 tbsp olive oil for 5 min until brown and soft. Remove and add another tbsp oil to fry the courgettes until golden do the same again for the peppers.
- Fry the onions in the last tbsp oil for five minutes Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add sugar, tomatoes and half the basil. Add the veg and cook for five minutes.
- Serve garnished with the basil.