Recipe by Tish
The most interesting thing about this crust is the addition of the honey. When you spray the oven with water, you create a steam that help crisp the crust!
Top Review by andreaadams01
I was sad when my breadmaker broke, but now that I have this recipe, it won't be missed. Thank you so much for a light airy dough. I followed the instructions exactly, only I added 1 cup of whole wheat flour to make it 50%. Thank you so much Tish, I will use this for pizza and cinnamon rolls! :)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or more as needed)
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the warm water, honey, and olive oil in a cup and sprinkle with the yeast.
- Let stand for 10 minutes Place the whole wheat flour, salt, and 1 cup of all purpose flour in a food processor.
- Process for about 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Add the yeast mixture, pulsing to combine.
- Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft, slightly moist dough.
- If the mixture is too sticky, sprinkle with a little more flour and process it in; if it is too dry, add a little more water.
- Process the dough for 45 seconds Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and turn the dough over to coat lightly with oil.
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- (If you are not baking the pizza right away, refrigerate the dough after it rises. It can be kept overnight) When ready to bake, heat the oven to 450F.
- Lightly oil a heavy 12-14" round pan or 15X10" jelly roll pan and sprinkle with cornmeal Punch down the dough and place it in the pan.
- Stretch the dough to fit the pan, building up the edges slightly.
- Cover with topping and bake until the pizza is browned and crusty, usually 15-25 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of the oven with water 3 times during the first 5-10 minutes of baking time.