Recipe by Mama Tia
A very basic recipe for a tasty meal with endless possible variations.
Top Review by Kumama Chef 579262
This is a wonderful recipe. I keep it on my refridgerator. When I am "cleaning out the fridge" I will often make several then freeze them for quick dinners or bring out several for an easy night of entertaining. The frozen pie crusts make it so easy and they are themselves inexpensive. I always have one on had to take to friends or family that are under the weather. Since the pie crust comes with its own pie pan -no pan to wash or to worry when it will be returned by loved ones .Thanks os much for this recipe!!!
- 5 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 2 cups shredded cheese or 2 cups chopped drained cooked vegetables or 2 cups diced deli meat, any type (or chop up leftover slices) or 2 cups any other cooked diced meat or 2 cups ground beef or 2 cups seafood or 2 cups poultry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add filling and milk and mix well.
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust.
- Place quiche on cookie sheet and bake on the middle oven rack for 45-50 minutes, or until top is browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with a crisp green salad or maybe some fresh fruit on the side.