Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very basic recipe for a tasty meal with endless possible variations.
- 5 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 2 cups shredded cheese or 2 cups chopped drained cooked vegetables or 2 cups diced deli meat, any type (or chop up leftover slices) or 2 cups any other cooked diced meat or 2 cups ground beef or 2 cups seafood or 2 cups poultry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add filling and milk and mix well.
- Pour mixture into frozen pie crust.
- Place quiche on cookie sheet and bake on the middle oven rack for 45-50 minutes, or until top is browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with a crisp green salad or maybe some fresh fruit on the side.
This is a wonderful recipe. I keep it on my refridgerator. When I am "cleaning out the fridge" I will often make several then freeze them for quick dinners or bring out several for an easy night of entertaining. The frozen pie crusts make it so easy and they are themselves inexpensive. I always have one on had to take to friends or family that are under the weather. Since the pie crust comes with its own pie pan -no pan to wash or to worry when it will be returned by loved ones .Thanks os much for this recipe!!!
Excellent and Easy. I added pre-cooked bacon bits and cheddar cheese and sprinkled with paperika. Beautiful and delicious. I made another with Ham, Asparagus, and Swiss Chees. It tasted good, but took alot longer to bake. Also, asparagus flavoring was stronger than expected.
This was the first quiche I've ever made, and it was great. I used about a cup of sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms, along with a cup of shredded mixed cheese. I used Quick n Easy Quiche Crust to make my crust. I baked it at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, and it was perfectly set. I was a little worried about using a 10 inch pie pan instead of a nine inch, but I had no problems. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm sure I'll use it many times in the future.