Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great basic recipe for quiche, you can add many different ingrediants to make it your own. This is also very very easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small skillet saute onion in a little oil until tender, set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper, cheese, and onions. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake until knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.