Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is as basic as you can get...hence the title.
Make and share this Basic Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl, low speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl, then at high speed for 5 minutes, scrape occasionally.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat flour mixture into sugar mixture alternately with milk on low speed.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake in 2 loaf pans (9x5x3") for approx 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- (Variation: substitute 1 tsp lemon extract for vanilla and 1 T lemon rind).
I've been looking everywhere for just a very basic pound cake recipe. This one foots the bill perfectly. Very moist and two cakes is a plus. Though I did find it worked best if I greased and floured the pans first before adding the batter, which alot of beginner bakers don't know to do always.