Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Great for holiday
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled if desired, and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, drain then set aside.
- In large sauce pan cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until soft, stir in flour,salt and pepper. Add milk at once, cook stirring until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- In a 9 x 13 x 2 inch glass baking dish pour half the potatoes. Pour half the sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over potatoes. Repeat with potatoes and cheese. Cover remaining cheese and refrigerate. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes.Bake uncovered for 35 minutes more until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I made this recipe for my easter dinner, very easy & very tasty. It was exactly what I was looking for! This one's definately going in my cook book, thanks!