Recipe by Jenk
Yummy potatoes can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to bake.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook potatoes in lightly salted water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Make sauce.
- Cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in flour salt and pepper.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- In a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish, layer half of the potatoes. Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with half cup of cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes, uncover and bake another 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before eating.