Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom's recipe and I love it too.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 4 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 cup salad dressing (miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) jarcubed sweet gherkins
- salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender but not too soft.
- Allow potatoes to cool until you can stand to touch them, then peel and cube.
- Chop eggs and add to potatoes.
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Serve warm or cool.
This is a very good dish. Simple yet tasty
Fantastic! This is the same recipe my mother made and I have followed. It is the best there is. It has to be made with Miracle Whip or it doesn't taste the same. I also love it because I am not a fan of mustard. The only difference in my recipe is that I use green onions and not quite as many gherkins (I use about 6-8 gherkins)
This is very close to what I grew up with. Slap a little yellow mustard in there, replace the miracle whip with Best Foods (my mother's only must-have for the recipe) and equal the number of eggs to the number of taters and you got my mother's recipe. It's the only way I'll eat tater salad. In fact, it's internationally acclaimed! I made it for some spanish, italian and irish friends and it was gone before you could say boo and people were begging for the recipe!