Recipe by AG0508
This is a basic sauce that has good flavor and is not bland or sweet. Add a little red peeper flakes if you like some heat. It's delicious!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (undrained)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic and onion until the onion is soft and translucent (5-7min).
- Add the oregano and basil and saute 1 minute more just to heat the herbs through.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and dash of pepper.
- Simmer (uncovered) 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- This sauce can be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen for a few months.
- It's also great for pasta!