1/8 Photos of Basic Pizza Dough- Use Now or Use Later! OAMC Too!
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Chewy, yeasty, yummy and fast! Instructions included for whole wheat dough and freezing for a make ahead meal too! Cooking time does not reflect time for toppings!
My Private Note
pizza c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- 2Dissolve yeast in water and add to bowl.
- 3Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle cornmeal on a lightly oiled or sprayed 12"-14" pizza pan or stone.
- 5Place dough in middle of pan and using oiled hands pat out dough toward the edges.
- 6In a hurry? Add sauce and toppings as desired and bake at 350 degrees until done- about 25 minutes.
- 7OR for best results.
- 8Bake crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings. Return to oven and cook until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- 9For premade crust-Bake at 350 until just done in center. Cool completely. Wrap well and freeze.
- 10NOTE: For thinner crust pizza divide in half and carefully work dough into rounds as thick or thin as you choose following same directions.
- 11For Wheat Crust: DECREASE white flour to 1 cup and ADD 1 cup whole wheat flour PLUS 1/2 tsp sugar. Follow directions listed above.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pizza Dough- Use Now or Use Later! OAMC Too!
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g