Chewy, yeasty, yummy and fast! Instructions included for whole wheat dough and freezing for a make ahead meal too! Cooking time does not reflect time for toppings!
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Dissolve yeast in water and add to bowl.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a lightly oiled or sprayed 12"-14" pizza pan or stone.
- Place dough in middle of pan and using oiled hands pat out dough toward the edges.
- In a hurry? Add sauce and toppings as desired and bake at 350 degrees until done- about 25 minutes.
- OR for best results.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings. Return to oven and cook until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- For premade crust-Bake at 350 until just done in center. Cool completely. Wrap well and freeze.
- NOTE: For thinner crust pizza divide in half and carefully work dough into rounds as thick or thin as you choose following same directions.
- For Wheat Crust: DECREASE white flour to 1 cup and ADD 1 cup whole wheat flour PLUS 1/2 tsp sugar. Follow directions listed above.