Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chewy, yeasty, yummy and fast! Instructions included for whole wheat dough and freezing for a make ahead meal too! Cooking time does not reflect time for toppings!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast or 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water, about 105 degrees
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Dissolve yeast in water and add to bowl.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a lightly oiled or sprayed 12"-14" pizza pan or stone.
- Place dough in middle of pan and using oiled hands pat out dough toward the edges.
- In a hurry? Add sauce and toppings as desired and bake at 350 degrees until done- about 25 minutes.
- OR for best results.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings. Return to oven and cook until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- For premade crust-Bake at 350 until just done in center. Cool completely. Wrap well and freeze.
- NOTE: For thinner crust pizza divide in half and carefully work dough into rounds as thick or thin as you choose following same directions.
- For Wheat Crust: DECREASE white flour to 1 cup and ADD 1 cup whole wheat flour PLUS 1/2 tsp sugar. Follow directions listed above.
Love this pizza crust! Made 2 with all white flour and 2 with half whole wheat, they were both great. I made the dough in my bread machine, rolled them out, baked them at 350 for just under 10 mins. then wrapped and froze them. We took them out of the freezer, thawed them on the counter while we got our toppings ready. Added our toppings and cooked them at 350 until the cheese was hot and bubbly. Yummy!!!
This was so quick and easy and delicious. My DD made this to go with a Pizza Sauce.... Spoon Lickin' Good! that I was making. It came together really fast. She used the method of cooking it for 5 minutes before putting on the goodies and it worked perfectly. She cooked the pizza until the cheese started to bubble and it was great. Made for the Cookin Cats ZWT4.
I really liked this dough.Will try the wheat later on but this gave me no problem to work with.