Saw this on food network. Looked like a very tender dough when she made it on her show.
My Private Note
pizza d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 450 degrees F.
- 2Measure out 1 3/4 cups warm water (it should be pleasantly warm on your wrist). Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water and allow it to activate, about 10 minutes.
- 3Put the salt and 2 cups of the flour into a food processor. Pulse 5 times to blend. Pour in the yeast and water and pulse 5 times. Add the olive oil. Add the remaining flour 1 cup at a time, pulsing and scraping the sides of the bowl until well blended. As soon as the mixture is combined, dump it out onto a well-floured board and knead for 15 turns, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 4Place the dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, until doubled in size, then punch it down. Divide it in half; each half will make 1 (12-inch) pizza.
- 5Place on a cornmeal-dusted pizza stone, pizza pan, or cookie sheet. Roll up edge slightly to create a ridge around the pizza. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until crust is light brown.
- 6Cook's Note: If using only half dough, freeze the other half. Place the dough in a resealable freezer bag. To thaw, remove the bag from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Roll the dough out while cold then allow it to come to room temperature before adding toppings.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pizza Dough -Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (1036 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1213.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 30.4 g