Recipe by gourmet_hunter
This recipe I have found in a old Italian cookbook. It is very delicious and crunchy! Enjoy!
Top Review by Djemma
I found out that 125 ml water is not enough for half a kilo of flour. I added about 280 ml to reach the right consistency.
Howewer the result was very taste. I made not a pizza but calzone, so there were more crisp, and we really enjoyed it.
- 9.85 ml instant dried yeast
- 125 ml lukewarm water
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 500 g flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the yeast into a small bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Add 125 mL of lukewarm water, then stir to dissolve the yeast and sugar. Cover with a clean tea towel and prove in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Make a hollow in the centre and pour the yeast mixture, salt, olive oil and 5-7 tbsp of water into it.
- Knead everything into a smooth silky dough, shape into a ball.
- Dust the ball with a little flour, cover and set for an hour or until the dough doubles in volume.