Prep 1 hr 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe I have found in a old Italian cookbook. It is very delicious and crunchy! Enjoy!
Make and share this Basic Pizza Dough (Italian) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 5⁄8 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1.10 lb flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the yeast into a small bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Add 125 mL of lukewarm water, then stir to dissolve the yeast and sugar. Cover with a clean tea towel and prove in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Make a hollow in the centre and pour the yeast mixture, salt, olive oil and 5-7 tbsp of water into it.
- Knead everything into a smooth silky dough, shape into a ball.
- Dust the ball with a little flour, cover and set for an hour or until the dough doubles in volume.
I found out that 125 ml water is not enough for half a kilo of flour. I added about 280 ml to reach the right consistency.
Howewer the result was very taste. I made not a pizza but calzone, so there were more crisp, and we really enjoyed it.
Nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I used Bea's Absolute Favorite Pizza Sauce, added my favourite toppings and baked at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes on middle rack, then broiled on the top rack until bubbling.