Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple pizza dough recipe I use with my husband to make pizzas at home. It originally came from a vegetarian student cookbook, but since we've discovered it we've never really made pizzas any other way
- Put the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the warm water and use your hands to mix into a pliable dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured work surface for around 5 minutes, making adjustments if it's too wet or dry.
- Rub some oil over the surface of the dough and place in a bowl.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for around 30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 equal balls and knead them again before rolling each one out into the size and thickness of pizza you like.
- Preheat oven to 240C, 475°F Arrange toppings on your pizzas, minus any cheese and place in the oven for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes.